Some painting’s for my Children’s book based loosely the tales of King Arthur, ‘Arriving at the Tourney at Camelot’ ‘The Lady of the Lake’ and ‘The Four Witch Queens’ - done in gouache paint. Slightly pale scans, but you get the idea! So excited for my Show in May!
For months readers have worried that Dick Grayson might be the latest Robin to die in comics. The signs were certainly there. He was tortured and had his identity revealed in Forever Evil. And then they cancelled his comic, Nightwing.
But rest assure Dick lovers, Mr. Grayson is staying in…
Are we sure the CIA-like organization isn’t NCIS, specifically special ops?
Yeah. I went there.
1. name: Ask
2. birthday: March 29
3. favorite color: purple (medium to dark, not light/pink mess)
4. lucky number: 7
5. height: 5’4” (a little under, but Shh!)talents
1. last dream you remember: Not sure.
2. can you juggle: Nope. I can barely carry things without dropping them.
3. art/sports/both: Art…?
4. do you like writing: Yes! Love it! Wish I were good enough to do it as a living!
5. do you like dancing: Sort of. In private. Not great at it.
6. do you like singing: See above. Though I DID karoake to “Eye of the Tiger.” I like to think I killed it.fantasize
1. dream vacation: England. I might kiss the ground if I ever make it there.
2. dream date: None. Not a dater. (But if I HAD to, sitting doing crossword puzzles while listening to NPR and sipping tea. Yeah. I went there!)
3. dream guy/gal/nb: Someone who is okay living in separate places in a duplex. And who’s okay with my asexuality.
4. dream wedding: Unique but not pricey. Nothing fancy.
5. dream pet: Cats that resemble my current ones but don’t eat random crap like they do.
6. dream job: Writer. Or public radio employee.music
1. favorite song: Basia Bulat, “In the Night.”
2. favorite album: Can’t pick. Something by Natalie Merchant, Basia Bulat, or John Wesley Harding.
3. favorite artist: Gah. Let’s make it a Basia hat trick.
4. last song you heard on the radio: Honestly, I can’t remember.
5. least favorite song: Pass.
6. least favorite album: Pass.
7. least favorite artist: Pass.preferences
1. guys/girls/nb: Ace.
2. hair color: Can I put N/A?
3. eye color: Yep. N/A is happening.
4. humorous/serious: Can this apply to platonic soulmates? Humorous in that case.
5. taller/shorter: Give me an N. Give me a slash. Give man A!
6. biggest turn-off: How about for people in general. Hypocrisy. Or not using capital letters.
7. biggest turn-on: Not using the phrase “turn-on.”
"Let Me In" is a parody/mash-up of sorts that I(Megan Lara) created— I based it exactly on Mucha’s art nouveau pieces “The Cowslip" and "The Feather,” which I quite often see as a diptych. I have several different versions of this available as prints and things! I packed a ton of references into these pieces, some more subtle than others. :) I hope you enjoy it! I had a blast creating it.
The original version, with the exact layout based on Mucha’s pieces, can be found as a print on Redbubble.
The cropped version, which I think frames better than the original version, can be found on Society6 (currently has a promo for $5 off each item and free shipping!) as a print, mug, pillow, tote bag, etc!
The version I created for t-shirts (in order to get rid of the boxy design, I used several of Mucha’s flourishes to make it more aesthetically pleasing, and added text) is available as a shirt on Society6 ($5 off plus free shipping atm—also available on things other than shirts), Design By Humans and Redbubble (kid’s clothes available on Redbubble and Society6 btw!)
AND finally, signed prints available in my Etsy store. :)
- Only the FIRST FIVE tags you use on a NEW POST show up in the tracked tags
- Only the FIRST TWENTY tags on any post on your blog function (i.e click tag #21 and it will say page not found)
- When you’re in your messages, you can click the top right corner of an ask & it will take you to a permalink page. Go to ‘edit’ (top right of page) and reply using the post edit screen (and add tags without an extension)
- Always Reblog, Never Repost
- Tumblr Etiquette: don’t delete the OPs caption, consider it part of the work as a whole.
- Don’t tag your hate. If you don’t like a character or show or whatever, don’t tag your new post with their name/title/whatever in the first five tags. It shows up in the tracked tags. People that track a tag do so normally cause they love a thing. Don’t ruin a thing. No one likes a ruiner.
- Tumblr default reblogs long text posts as links and its a pain in the ass. Who ever wants them as a link. No one, ever. When you’re reblogging a text post, go to the Aa drop down menu in the top right & select ‘reblog as text’.
- When you add a comment to a post, the OP sees it. Just so you know. There’s a whole etiquette on commenting vs tags but it’s your blog do what the fuck you want
I learned a lot of these things the hard way. Save yourself while you still can.